Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Short List - The Maine Readers Choice Awards

Well, we all hashed out our selections, and the committee of readers for the Maine Readers Choice Award  has chosen the 10 tomes for this year's  "short list". We now have to read these and we'll decide by May which three will be presented to the readers of Maine for them to read and vote for their choice as the best Literary Fiction published in 2013.

So here's the list: (I've **'d the ones I've already finished.  Links are to my reviews published earlier).

**Benediction by Kent Haruf
The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope by Rhonda Riley (review coming next week)
 The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
**The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
The Hired Man by Aminatta Forna
**Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls
The Tenth of December by George Saunders
**
TransAtlantic by Colum McCann
Visitation Street by Ivy Pochoda

I plan to read two of these each month, and maybe re-read the ones I've finished so I have them fresh in my mind before I have to vote. We had such a bounty of great fiction to choose from that it was really difficult to narrow them down.  

How about you?  Have you read any of these?  Do you have a favorite?  Drop a line and share your impressions.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.